Friday, November 14, 2008

Psalm 23

Psalm 23 ~ Words and Music by Rebecca Friedlander © 2008 ~ I look around me ~ I see the empty ~ All around me ~ I see the bleeding ~ But I see You ~ And hope pierces the dark ~ And I find cover ~ In Your arms ~ Chorus ~ And You lead me ~ By green pastures ~ You lead me ~ By still waters ~ And in the midst of the war ~ You spread a feast ~ Is it any wonder ~ I call You king ~ I hear the thunder ~ I see the night closing in ~ But that’s You calling me ~ Further up and further in ~ And I see You ~ You take my hand ~ And lead me on ~ Into the quiet room ~ In they eye of the storm ~ Chorus ~ And even through the valley of shadows ~ You lead me past the empty grave ~ And I will rise like the eagle ~ And I will not be afraid~
Wrote this song sitting at my Dad’s house and wrestling with the notion that I was a horrible writer and couldn’t write a worship song! Seems like congregational “church songs” should be so simple to write and come easy. Ha. So finally I gave up and just wrote what flowed. And this is what came. Tweaked and polished some more a bit later, and decided it was worth keeping… even if it wasn’t what I had originally started to write!

No comments: