Blind ~
Words and Music by Rebecca Friedlander © 2008 ~
Lead me ~
Savior, I am blind ~
I am blind ~
Lead me ~
Savior, I am blind ~
I am blind ~
Cause something has clipped my wings ~
And I’ve fallen hard in flight ~
But Your ground breaking symphony ~
Keeps calling me to the sky ~
Chorus ~
Lead me ~
Savior, I am blind ~
I am blind ~
I’ll follow You though the dark ~
Cause You’re the light ~
I drank from Your river ~
But then I followed my own path ~
But when my blind heart leads my blind feet ~
They lead me to my death ~
Chorus ~
Will You take me ~
Will You take me back ~
Father! ~
Will You take me ~
Will take me back ~
Cause I am Yours ~
Lead me ~
Savior, I am Yours ~
I am Yours ~
Lead me ~
Jesus, I am Yours ~
I’ll follow You though the dark ~
Cause I am Yours ~
This song can be taken two ways, and the first is probably not a way that most people would glean from the song. But I’ll share both.
Psalm 25. I look at the life of David and find that He was a seeker to the end. He never quit seeking God, or felt like He had “arrived” at the place with God. He constantly said, “Lead me! Show me where to put one foot in front of another!” Dependence. The closer we come to Him, the more “blind” we get, where we cannot lean on our own understanding.
I think that true faith is not, “Ok, let me do something for God and He’s gonna show up and make it all work because it’s done in His name!” No, God has not promised to show up and do that at all. It’s more, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” And if it’s a season of waiting, so be it. Or a season of training, or serving or whatever. And then when He does bring fruit, it’s often in such a way that we just sit back and go, “wow, that was You!” And we have to lean on Him all the more.
But I guess what most people would glean from this song is that it was written from the point of the prodigal saying, “Boy I’ve messed up, and I realize that I am so blind and stupid on my own. I’ve learned the hard way and messed up. Can you forgive me?” And that, is of course, a true thought too. So I wrote the song with both of those thoughts in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment