Friday, November 14, 2008

Audience of Angels

Audience of Angels~ Words and Music by Rebecca Friedlander © 2008~ I was waiting in a box~ For love to come along~ To lift the lid, lift my head~ And let me sing my song~ But in this world of strangers~ I learned to sing alone ~ And now when I praise Him~ I stand before His throne~ Chorus ~ With an audience of angels~ Tho’ no one can be seen~ The choirs of heaven~ Sing along with me~ Just like a flower grows ~ Where no one knows~ The place where it blooms~ With an audience of angels ~ I worship You~ So in my time alone with Him~ I’ve learned a sweeter song~ I never knew a multitude~ Was standing to applaud~ They breathe the woven praise~ That simple hearts can bring to You~ And it makes us love the One we love~ With reckless gratitude~ Chorus~ Bridge~ And if you can count the stars~ Then you can count the dancers~ That twirl to the praise~ That comes from the heart~ And if you’re tired of the quest~ Then you can have the answer~ Be free again~ Just sing for Him~ So I recorded a dozen or so songs to share with my friends and get their opinions on before I went into the studio. This is the only one that made it onto my next CD! Some of that was due to the fact that there was an unexpected amount of time between the recording of those rough track and when I actually started on this CD. And actually, a few of those first songs are going to be on an upcoming CD I’m doing with some other friends. But I really wanted to do this CD because of the story behind it, and the theme of the CD… About a year ago, I sang a song at a gathering of Christians and afterwards someone came up to me and said (in a nutshell), “I saw an angel come down be strengthened by the sound and worship that came from your song.” Of course, we have no idea how our worship really affects the supernatural. And isn’t it funny how often I, as a singer, long for bigger and better doors to open for music, when I may be singing to angels and affecting people and places that I never get to see? I was also thinking of a friend of mine who is in a wheel chair. She loves to worship the Lord in her kitchen! I was thinking of how precious her praise is to the Lord. Who’s to know whether the angels dance when she worships, or by her worship God is so captivated and all of heaven is moved in a way that an auditorium full of lights and cameras and action alone could never engage? All that is done on earth is completely visible and open in heaven. If we lived like we knew it, our lives would be much different, I think. Not only are the bad choices exposed in their entirety, but the good ones are all accounted and noted and nothing is unnoticed. Nothing. God is so merciful, any way that you look at it. I named the CD Audience of Angels because it seemed appropriate to sum up the theme: Live life before Your Father who loves you and is watching. Live it whether or not anyone else notices. Live it clinging to the truth that it matters. Seek it, fight for it, hold on to the dreams God gives, knowing that all the steps along the way are seen and noticed and remembered.

No comments: